miro-sailing.com offers brand new BIC Borneo Sit-On-Top Performance kayaks for touring and rental. It is 100% mono/duo convertible to have family fun.
The Borneo is a brand new family oriented double Sit-On-Top, with a number of innovative features, notably the possibility of solo use in equal paddling comfort as the double. Its innovative shape and generous dimensions give it great glide whilst retaining reassuringly comfortable stability. It’s also got a large rear section including a big flat storage area.
There’s innovation in the equipment and fittings too, like the integral wheels/ rollers for easy transportation. And there’s a moulded deck insert for storing the wheels/rollers while sailing. Clearly a future benchmark boat in its category.
- Carries 2 adults, 1 child, plus baggage.
- Adaptable for solo paddling with the same paddle-comfort as the duo set-up.
- An effective transportation system for the beach has been incorporated in the kayak’s design. Removable wide-tyre wheels sit on an axle mounted on the kayak’s keel. Once at the water the wheels are removed and stored in a special hatch on the rear baggage area.
- Its generously-proportioned, «triple-volume» hull design gives the kayak a combination of excellent glide and re-assuring stability.
- The large rear section incorporates a capacious baggage-carrying area.
- As with all BIC Sport kayaks, the Borneo’s shape and concept has come from a specialist designer.
For rentals over 2 hours Miro Sailing Academy provides a 30 liter dry bag for each kayak free of charge.